Thursday, October 16, 2008

New work


I have been pretty busy recently and have been enjoying every minute. New jewellery designs are made using reclaimed silks, wool, gemstones and more. My current popular item are the wrapped bangles which are very bright and unusual. I have used rare salk fibres hoarded over the years (some are offcuts of saris that were adjusted to fit me). Beads and sequins are also reused from fabrics to offset the fibres I use.

My personal favourite is a turquoise bangle covered in silk fibres accented with a jade gemstone and teeny tiny reclaimed glass pendant bead.

Each piece of jewellery is one of a kind and I take commissions to your specifications. My next craft fair will be at Rawlins Community College in November where I will be selling many of these designs.

No comments: