Monday, February 02, 2009

Let it snow!

Yesterday was the typical Sunday where I spent the morning pottering around the house, tidying and painting and making as I buzz from room to room. One moment I was aware of the sun streaming through the window, the next minute I look out of the window to see... yes you've guessed it... SNOW!


Few things captivate me as much as snow, just watching it fall is so relaxing. As a child I really enjoyed playing out in the snow, having snowball fights and building snow-people. Unfortunately over the years as a grown up (who drives a hundred mile round trip to work everyday) nothing fills me with dread as much as snow. Instead of the childlike awe of beautiful falling snowflakes my mind drifts to icy roads, black ice, poor visibility and general nightmare driving conditions. This realisation of my change of thinking depressed me, so today I was determined to enjoy the snow after returning home from work.


After changing into my furlined boots (fake obviously, I wouldn't hurt a fly) I took my camera and went to enjoy the fresh air and pretty scenery. I definitely managed to capture my youth when wondering around in blizzard conditions. I hardly even felt the cold, it was so much fun. The size of the snowflakes was mindboggling- oh and check out the coolest snowman ever...


If it snows a lot overnight and school is closed tomorrow then you will know what I will be doing. The British weather is notoriously unpredictable so it may rain tomorrow and all traces of snow may disappear. So if you are a snow-lover enjoy it! Anyone who has to drive please be careful, the roads are icy and black ice is everyway. Apart from that have lots of fun, I certainly intend to!

No comments: